Friday, November 18, 2011

Where can I find reliable statistcs on the actual production costs on a pair of Nike sneakers?

I'm looking for a reliable source to give me the general breakdown of the coast of production for a pair of nike shoes (preferable from a sweatshop in Indonesia). I need to know How much it costs to send te respurces to Indonesia, how much it costs to produce a pair of sneakers, and then how much it costs to have the sneakers shipped to the US. And ideas where this information would be availble to me? Thanks for your help!|||I do believe that in order to answer this question, you would probably have to look at the cost of any brand of shoe being produced overseas. Nike itself may not release exact numbers because it's part of an overall business strategy. But I do know that the worker making the shoe only receives about .04% of the cost of the shoe. So a $100 pair gets the worker about $.40 a pair.





This first link shows a break down of the complete cost of an average pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment